Fatherhood Program Objective
Head Start/Early Head Start Fatherhood Program is designed with a comprehensive approach to enhance the Father/Male Figure’s participation in the lives of their families.
The focus of the Fatherhood Program is to empower the male figure to become a positive role model for his family and the community while providing a social support network.
- Develop a peer based support system in which members feel comfortable sharing their feelings, experiences, and challenges towards fatherhoodEngage fathers/male figures in regular meetings and events that will facilitate personal growth
- Enhance the ability and skill of the father/male figure to parent and nurture his children and family
- Increase positive interactions with family and community
- Promote participation in Head Start activities and volunteerism
- Foster a greater sense of self esteem, pride, and responsibility
- Impact the community at large through increased outreach to other male figures outside the Head Start community
Upcoming Fatherhood Activities
There are no upcoming events to display at this time.
Subscribe to filtered calendar