Volunteers are essential to the success of our program and this is one opportunity for you to become involved in your child’s education.
GCCSA Head Start / Early Head Start (HS/EHS) is a federally funded program dependant on In-Kind (i.e., donations of time, goods, and services) to reach our 20% match every year. For our program, that amount is almost $5 million. We ask that you donate as much of your time to our program as possible to help reach our in-kind goal. Your generosity, even a little bit, helps make it possible for our program to continue providing services to children and families in your community.
Once your application has been received, it will be processed for a National Criminal Background Check, and a Texas Department of Family Protective Services Central Registry Check. Once you have been cleared to volunteer, you will be contacted by your Site Manager/Supervisor to schedule a time to attend Volunteer Orientation and to pick up your official GCCSA Volunteer Badge.
1. Volunteer Opportunities are in the day and evening
2. Volunteers choose their own schedules, the location they would like to volunteer at, and at times their duties.
3. Volunteers can be as young as 16 with parental consent.
4. Most Volunteers donate their time to work with teachers in the Head Start Centers.
5. Volunteers work very closely with all levels of staff.
Our Volunteer Assistance Hotline number is (713) 393-4782 x772.
GULF COAST COMMUNITY SERVICES ASSOCIATION IS COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL INDIVIDUALS REGARDLESS OF RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, VETERAN STATUS OR DISABILITY.